Jurnal ilmu kesehatan masyarakat follows guideline Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in all aspects of publication ethics which can be accessed at http://goo.gl/aWy7WX.
- The manuscripts submitted for publication must be original research articles that have not been previously published and are not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- The authors are not involved in an act of plagiarism.
- All the authors must agree to the submission and to the order of their names on the title page.
- Authors must follow the criteria described in the Author Guidelines of JIKM.
- Authors must submit a request letter to Chief Editor of JIKM for publishing an article. The letter should be completed with
a. biodata containing information: full name of the author and or co-author(s) (below the title), the institution where the author(s) work, areas of expertise/profession, mobile phone number, e-mail, and contact address.
b. Written statements declaring the originality of the paper and that the article submitted will not be published in other media. This statement must be signed by the author on a Rp 6000 stamp.
- Reviewers must comment on the possibility of errors to do with the ethics and content of the research.
- Reviewers should complete the job on time and notify the Editors if they can not finish the job.
- Reviewers must keep the confidentiality of both the author(s) and manuscript.
- Reviewers should not be receiving and reviewing the manuscript if there is a potential conflict of interest between the authors and them.
- The Editors are responsible for each article published in JIKM.
- Editors help the authors to keep to the Author(s) guidelines.
- The editors can discuss with other editors or reviewers in making a final decision.
- Editors must relinquish their duties if there is a potential conflict of interest.
- The editors’ decision must be notified to the authors along with the reviewers' comments, except that those containing offensive or libelous statements.
- Editor and all staff must ensure the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
The papers published in the Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat will be considered to retract in the publication if:
- They have clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabrication) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation or experimental error).
- The findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper cross-referencing and permission or justification (i.e. cases of redundant publication).
- It constitutes plagiarism.
- It reports unethical research.
The mechanism of retraction follows the Retraction Guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) which can be accessed at https://publicationethics.org
The policy of Screening for Plagiarism
Papers submitted to Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat will be screened for plagiarism using turnitin/ithenticate plagiarism detection tools. Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat will immediately reject papers leading to plagiarism or self-plagiarism.
Before submitting articles to reviewers, those are first checked for similarity/plagiarism tool, by a member of the editorial team. The papers submitted to Jurnal Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat must have a similarity level of less than 20%.